Memories of the New York City St. Patrick's Day Parade, an audio documentary
To commemorate the 250th anniversary of the New York St. Patrick’s Day Parade, this podcast explores the experiences and emotions of a variety of New Yorkers with Irish roots.
Linda Dowling Almeida,
Featuring excerpts from oral histories with:
- Hilary Beirne, 26 October 2009
- Sgt. Edward Burns, 14 November 2008
- Joan Dolan, 16 November 2006
- Martin Dunne, 22 January 2011
- Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, 4 January 2011
- Congressman Peter T. King, 28 November 2005
- Anne Maguire, 24 January 2009
- John T. Ridge, 8 February 2011
- Tommy Smyth, 24 October 2008
- Eileen Zurell, 6 November 2008
- “Kelly, The Wearing of the Green”
Brian Boru Irish Pipe Band (St. Paul, Minnesota)
Brian Boru Irish Pipe Band 40th Anniversary
(The Irish Rose, 2002)
- “Sweet Liberty/Promenade”
(World Village USA, 2004)
- “The Wearing of the Green”
John W. Myers
(Victor Records, 1905)
© 2011 Glucksman Ireland House, New York University
This podcast is made possible in part with funding from the Leon Lowenstein Foundation.
Part of Ireland America: The Ties That Bind an exhibition at the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts from March 14th to August 13th, 2011.
This exhibition is part of Imagine Ireland: a year-long season of Irish Arts in the United States in 2011, an initiative of Culture Ireland.