Located in the heart of New York's Greenwich Village, Glucksman Ireland House is the center for Irish and Irish-American Studies at New York University, with courses in history, Irish language, literature, music, and politics. NYU undergraduates may pursue a minor or a B.A./M.A. in Irish and Irish-American Studies. Graduate students may earn a Masters in Irish and Irish-American Studies
For the New York community, we present a weekly public events series during the academic year, as well as a monthly traditional Irish music series. For the non-credit adult learner, we host evening Irish language classes. We also serve as a resource center for Irish, Irish-American, and Irish diasporic culture.
Glucksman Ireland House provides access to Irish and Irish-American culture and fosters excellence in the study of Ireland, Irish America, and the global Irish Diaspora.
Please use the tabs at left to find out more about our faculty, staff, board, history, and facilities.
1993-2013 Celebrating 20 Years
The 2013-2014 school year marks the 20th year since Glucksman Ireland House was founded. To mark that milestone, the faculty have undertaken a series of academic projects and public humanities initiatives. Click on the links below for fuller descriptions as well as audio and video:
- 20th anniversary Gala, honoring Loretta Brennan Glucksman and featuring Nobel Laureate Seamus Heaney
- The Catholic Question in America: Religious Freedom in historical perspective
- Kimmel Center Windows exhibition
- The Bordeaux-Dublin Letters, 1757: Correspondence of an Irish Community Abroad
- Irish Crime Fiction: A Symposium at Trinity College, Dublin
- An Greann agus an Ghaeilge: Humour and the Irish Language
- Ernie O'Malley Symposium: On Modern Ireland and Revolution
Click on the corners of the image to navigate forward and backward, click here for an expanded view.
Is lár ionad an léinn Éireannaigh Áras Glucksman na hÉireann in Ollscoil Nua Eabhrac Tá sé suite i gceartlár Greenwich Village i Nua Eabhrac Tá cúrsaí ar fáil i stair, litríocht, ceol agus polaitíocht na hÉireann comh maith leis An Ghaeilge. Is féidir le micléinn stáidéar a dhéanamh ar na hábhair sin mar pháirt dá gcéim.